Between the word and the sense
by Elisa Aaltola
"The senses behind simulations and concepts are what remain."
Elisa Aaltola, PhD, is a philosopher, who has specialised in animal and environmental ethics, and moral psychology.
Discover her text written within the framework of the exhibition When our eyes touch, the first chapter of A I S T I T / coming to our senses, a year-long series of exhibitions and performances commissioned by the Finnish Institutes in the Benelux, France, Germany, and the UK and Ireland to explore the complexity and wonder of our sensory perceptions and how they shape us as human beings.
When our eyes touch – A I S T I T / coming to our senses from May 19th to August 1st, 2021 at the Institut finlandais gallery and from May 22 to August 1st at Maison Louis Carré.
- Interview – Satu Herrala and Hans Rosenström
- Linguistic Wealth is Cultural Health – Sampsa Peltonen
- Interview – Sasha Huber and M’barek Bouhchichi
- The art of encounter – Johanna Råman, Director of Institut finlandais
- Monthly Feature: ÈLBÉ
- Monthly feature: AMPI – Erol Mintaş, Fiona Musanga and Shahi Derky
- Monthly Feature: Dora Dalila Cheffi
- Monthly Feature: Aapo Nikkanen
- Monthly Feature: Sonya Lindfors
- Monthly feature: Hannakaisa Pekkala
- Monthly feature: Maija Tammi & Niina Vatanen
- Monthly feature: Laura Merz